The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Set Minimum Graph Temp  (Read 3052 times)

jon_moroco

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
I there a way to set a minimum temperature value in the roast graph? If not, any chance it could be added?

I roast using an RK drum on a modified BBQ so I'm only monitoring environmental temps at this point. These can be quite a bit higher than bean temps so I've jacked up the max value for the graph. With the graph starting at 0 this can make for a pretty squished looking graph. At this point in my roasting I'll never see (or need to worry about temps lower than 300f and if I could set that as my graph zero it would look a lot nicer.

Now, I now I can zoom the graph and all but I don't want to have to mess with that for every roast.

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Jon

Funny - I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I just added a new probe to the drum chamber of my roaster, where temps can be double that of the beans, so I'm wanting the same solution for my own roasts. I was thinking along the lines of a per-curve offset, but I like this approach much better.

That will make a nice progression of what I started in the analyzer with the last update in the area of dynamic reconfiguration, and in fact - most of that code is now in place from the fall. I envision that as a 3-finger drag to change the offset of the temp reading portion of the analyzer. That way, you can quickly re-orient that area on the fly, as temps change. Any other thoughts, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Danny