The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Green bean grading and processing options  (Read 3373 times)

CounterpartCoffee

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hello,

Just got the app the other day, very much looking forward to using it.

Rather than a 5-star rating, I'd prefer to see a 100-point grading scale to reflect the Q score given by my supplier. Then I can compare that to the cupping score I assign the coffee.

I'd like to have more options for Processing. Maybe customizable entries? We currently have coffees in inventory that are wet-hulled, natural process, yellow honey, and fully washed.

Thanks!
Tim
Counterpart Coffee
Squamish BC

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Tim

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm hard at work on the next release, which will bring a lot I think you'll find interesting. I'm introducing the concept of bean "Lots", which will have several distinct attributes: lot number, cost, density, moisture, screen size, Q grade scores, date, etc. Lots are automatic, for the most part - a new one will be created when receiving inventory, providing an audit trail for any particular bean as lots change. Lots will also be integrating into roasts, so any given roast will know its exact bean metrics (or averaged in the case of multiple beans) at the time of roasting, including age, moisture, exact cost, etc. This happens automatically, but can be overridden in the roast details.

Also, I've overhauled reports with many new features and customization options. They can now tap into these new bean metrics , as well as many different calculated metrics, such as development time, crack percentages, weight/density loss, etc. You'll be able to run roast log reports, and interact with any report data in graphical line or bar charts. Plus - overly any associated cupping scores.

The 5 start ratings are designed just to be quick flags. The in-depth details are best left to the reporting engine for analysis. I think you'll find a lot of good stuff in the coming update.

Danny

Oh - I'm going to try and implement customizable processing and trade entries. That's already on my backlog. If I can find time in this update I'll include that. Otherwise, it will be coming soon.

CounterpartCoffee

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thank you. This is awesome and you should feel awesome.

Tim