The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Can I copy a roast and then edit the parameters as I make changes?  (Read 3401 times)

JavaBro

• (8 Posts)
    • View Profile
I use a Hottop (B).
It can store 3 profiles.
Typically when I roast, I'm basing it on a prior roast but then making changes (usually late in the roast).

So lets say I store a roast in the Hottop as profile 1.
The next time I roast that bean, I plan to use the same parameters for most of the roast, but make some changes at the end. I believe the way the Hottop works is that once you make a change, the roaster reverts to manual mode. What I'd like to do is copy the Heat & Fan settings from the previous roast (or a stored profile in roastmaster), manually enter the temps, and then, once I start making changes, get rid of the subsequent nodes for Heat & Fan.

Is there any way to do this (or to come close).
If not, anyone with a Hottop (or other similar situation) have suggestions?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

There's no dedicated feature that will do this, no.

Snapshots are, among other things, designed for situations like this, though. They allow you apply a base profile, and tweak it from time to time without the need for entering all data each time.

In the coming update I've added a ton of inconspicuous features to the analyzer. Automatic snapshotting and node deletion being two of those. Snapshotting will happen automatically - both in the console and now the analyzer - for any profile curve that is shared when you attempt to edit it. Also, you'll be able to select a node, then long-tap it to delete it. (Another one that may be helpful here is the coming ability to edit all of your curves before starting the roast.)

This works nicely for my Quest, but I'm a minimalist here, and have honed my profiles to be as few nodes as possible, so for me it's only a node or two at most.

How many nodes do you usually delete? If folks would find it helpful, I'm sure there's a way to accommodate with a dedicated feature.