The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Behmor Plus upgrade  (Read 2957 times)

stdarty

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Now that Behmor has upgraded it's capabilities, can roastmaster be configured to help track these upgrades?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

I started this update in late winter. By late summer, when the Plus Panel upgrade was introduced, the feature list had already been determined, and largely finished. I decided at the last minute to add a few features to address the Plus panel, but since it came late in the development cycle, I have not yet obtained a test unit to finish implementation.

That being said, when reading Joe's documentation, I decided the most beneficial thing Roastmaster can offer is editable Behmor heat curves. You can, of course, create other curves to record any variable you want, but the "special" Behmor curves needed some updating to work well with the Plus Panel.

There's a section in the app's help file about Behmor curves (search Behmor). In essence, when a Behmor curve is created (either manually or automatically by choosing the appropriate weight, profile and program), it's in "Automatic" mode. In the same fashion as the roaster itself, editing cannot be performed until the roast is in progress. Once in progress, if an edit is performed to the curve in Roastmaster, the curve switches to "Manual" mode, and all nodes ahead of the current time are removed. You would simply echo the heat changes you make on the Behmor to Roastmaster's Behmor curve. Nodes will the automatically time-stamped.

Time shifts can still be performed in manual mode, and, in the same fashion as the roaster, you can revert back to "Automatic" mode by tapping the curve button, and choosing automatic. The past edits will be retained, and the future nodes of the curve will revert back to the original Behmor heat curve.

Hope this helps.