The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Change graph temperature values  (Read 3157 times)

falco

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi,

Roastmaster is a truly great tool, much kudos for that. It's not only feature packed but also easy to learn and understand. I really appreciate it.

Still I'd like to know if there is a way to change the y-axis graph's temperature values. they are set to 104 and 156 Celsius. After completing homogenization the drying phase starts at 100 Celsius, aroma building at 150. If this is not possible yet, please feel free to move this thread to the wish list category. ;-)

I'd also like to understand the functionality of that movable y-axis degree range thing that can be expanded or narrowed and moved up and down the axis. What does it do?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Falco

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Falco

Thanks for the kind words - great to hear you're enjoying it!

You can change the "Max Graph Temp" in Utilities > Preferences to control how high curves graph vertically in the console and analyzer, i.e. the visible "Range" of temps you can see. Enter a Celsius value - the graph will use the appropriate F value if your curves are set to F. That should be set by default to 260 C (500 F), meaning anything above that will be clipped on the top edge.

The dynamic layout controls you mention are only helpful if you work with control curves. They let you determine the placement of both control and reading curves on the fly. So, if a particular combination of curves are interfering with each other, you can drag the top or bottom handle to condense/expand the control curves section, or drag the middle handle to determine positioning of the control curves: 1: Juxtaposed on top, 2: Floating on top, 3: Floating in middle, 4: Floating on Bottom, 5: Juxtaposed on bottom.

The coming version will also provide the ability to offset reading curves to help in situations where you have disparate curves. For example, if most of your work is done with bean temp curves, but you also sometimes monitor higher temp curves (like MET or heat box), you can quickly pull the reading curves down to get a glimpse at the higher curves.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, just let me know.
Danny

falco

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi Danny,

thanks, that helps a lot and explains what I haven't understood so far.

Best regards,
Falco