The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Curve Milestones  (Read 3397 times)

CounterpartCoffee

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Howdy

Been using the app lots over the last few weeks with our sample/profile roaster while we wait for our main roaster to be operational. Really enjoying the data it gives us and we're looking forward to using it for our bigger batches.

Would it be possible to integrate curve milestones onto the live graph, similar to how the final temp is indicated? I'm thinking the minimum temp hit (and time) during the turnaround and temps at 1st and 2nd crack. Maybe even peak delta values as well.

Thanks!
Tim
Counterpart Coffee
Squamish BC

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Tim

Thanks for reaching out. I think you'll like the coming version, and the new feature Events. Events are, in their most basic function, time-stamped notes that can be applied to a roast or curve. Events will display as tiny bubbles in the analyzer. You can expand them for monitoring during a roast.

For Data Logging users, they can also function as conditional alarms. If created in a curve prior to a roast, you can set a “Trigger” point based on the temperature of the curve. You can choose whether they should fire before, during or after a roast, as well as if they should be triggered after hitting their threshold while rising, or while falling.

Attached is a screenshot. The first event fired at 190° C before the roast, letting me know the roaster was ready. The second I had set at 0° rising, so it fired at the first point the beans started to rise (turnaround).  The third fired at 170° - shortly before first crack to remind me to open the damper and clear chaff and smoke. I had company watching the roaster last night, so I drifted a bit. :)

I'm about to put out a call for beta testers. Let me know if you're interested.

Danny

CounterpartCoffee

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks Danny, looking forward to it!