The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Behmor Plus  (Read 5395 times)

md ca

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
I would like to define timers to remind me of the unattended roaster window that occurs at 75% of the original time on my Behmor Plus.  I need them set for 6:00 minutes for 1/4 lb., 9:00 minutes for 1/2 lb. and 13:30 for 1 lb.

I have tried to set up a roast profile for each weight, and set a node, but the response I get of setting 9:00 for time is "Illegal Level Value". 

Is there a way to predefine timers without entering it for each roast?

Thank you!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Nothing "designed" for that particular scenario, no. Roastmaster adheres to the Behmor standard for nodes in a Behmor curve, so you're limited with the types and levels of nodes you can create - that's probably why you get the Illegal Level warning.

You can, of course set an alarm. It's easy to do in the analyzer, just drag the yellow marker at the bottom, but that entails setting it each time.

You can enter node alert reminders at specific intervals, but they're designed for constant data entry, and max out at 90 second intervals.

The coming version will allow you to enter temperature triggers, but that's geared toward data logging, or manual temperature entry - probably not something you'd be doing on a Behmor.

The only way to accomplish this, would be to create a regular (non-Behmor) control curve in a profile with a node of 0 at 00:00, then a second node of 1 at 6:00. Then, in the analyzer, as long as that curve was being targeted (Profile/Program targeting mode), and the Analyzer Setpoint Alerts pref is on, you'd get "dings" when the value changed.

It would be automatic, but you'd have to define separate profiles starting with P1, P2, etc in order to get the regular auto Behmor curves to display. For instance "P1 1/4 lb", "P2 1/2 lb", etc., then choose the correct one based on the weight. The automatic roast matching wouldn't be quite as elegant in matching Profiles in this scenario, because you'd be dealing with different profiles.

Unfortunately, I think the easiest all around is just to use the standard alarm.

Danny

md ca

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thank you!  I really enjoy Roastmaster.  Thanks so much for all the options, along with the obvious solution--set it each time.  I've lost roasts in bright sunlight as I missed the blinking light on the Behmor.  I have been setting it manually--it's really not the problem that I was expecting.  I will play with the other options that you suggested.  Thanks again.

Autocorrect is horrible in this app.  Roastmaster turns to Toastmaster, Yirga Cheffe is Yurts chef.  Other than going into the iPad/iPhone settings, can autocorrect be automatically disabled for Roastmaster?  A girl can dream....

dizziness

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
Good suggestions! Disable autocorrect and ability to set alarm as percentage of total roast time (i.e. 70%).

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Funny - I have long wondered why no one has ever mentioned that. It has bugged me in the past, but it's never been as bad as I thought it "could" be, given the vast names of coffee. Ultimately, though, I agree. I've disabled it in data entry text fields. I'm keeping it alive for notes - it makes sense there.

Do you find autocorrect helpful for some things, but not others? e.g. Blend names vs Bean names?

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

jdnier

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
Will there be any updates to 8.0.0 with the autocorrect removed from the non-note fields? I also find the autocorrect very obnoxious when entering coffee names and details.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Version 9.0 is currently awaiting review at Apple. Yes, I've removed autocorrect from every field. It is only active in notes-type text view entry.