The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Logging for Hottop KN-8828B-2K+  (Read 4200 times)

james

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
I've been a devoted Hottop user for years and they've now come out with an upgrade kit that includes a USB output that, so far, is supported by Artisan.  But I love Roastmaster and don't want to use a different system for logging my roasts!  Is there a possibility that something will be in the works for the KN-8828B-2K+?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi James

I've been asked this question a lot lately, and the answer I have to give makes me cringe, because if there were just simply a USB port in iOS, support would be an easy thing to add.

Sorry, - nothing is in the works at the moment, for that reason. I am, however, going to reach out to Hottop directly, to see exactly how their protocol works to look at the possibility of intercepting the signal with another device (Phidgets, Arduino, etc).

I'd love to offer support if possible with iOS' limitations.

I'll let you know what I find out.

james

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply!  I suppose it would be too simple to hope that a USB-Lightning connection would magically work.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Unfortunately, no. All of the APIs that govern that adapter only apply to the Digital Camera protocol. Apple does some private magic to suit their needs, but the general USB protocols remain private, and inaccessible to developers.

I did, though, reach out to Hopttop this morning. Waiting to hear back from them.

Pantsoglory

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
Any update on this?  The guys over at HT are usually very responsive.  I get replies back from them in 8-12 hours.  Would love to use my Hottop with this software

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
The fact that I didn't hear back probably speaks volumes. iOS presents a few hurdles for manufacturers, since it is, for the most part, a closed system.

Reached out again. We'll see.