The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Request to set a pop-up alert at a given time in a roast  (Read 3548 times)

Ian

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi Danny -- great app. Been using it for over a year and love it.

I use a Behmor 1600 plus, and want to echo another user's request to make it easy to create an alert at a set time in a roast, because of that roaster's unattended warning that can kill your roast. I know you can do this manually every time, but it's tedious -- I'd like to make this part of the program/profile curves I use every time.

I believe the issue happens 70% into a roast, but since it may be impractical to code that way, I'd just be happy to have it to happen at a set time. I've tried to do this with the new Events feature, but I find the alert never pops up. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Thanks!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Ian

Great to hear!

Yes, at the moment, events can only be set to alert by temperature for reading curves.

I coded that feature, though, with the eventual goal of extending that to times as well, in case that became something that folks wanted. Just need to get in the code and add that functionality.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Ian

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hey Danny --

Want to bump this request. Just lost yet another roast to the Behmor safety "feature." Help!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
That's officially on the docket for version 10, which I'm working on now. It's too early in development to give a timeline, but I will be adding that feature.

At the moment, I'm overhauling the interface to bring everything up to speed with Apple's current device size classes. Once I'm done with that, I'll be starting on the features.

If you would be interested in a beta version, just let me know, and I'll reach out when that's complete.

Ian

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Delayed response by me, but yeah, I'd be happy to beta test. Just let me know if you need a hand.