The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

iPad Pro display issue  (Read 3433 times)

yyhcj

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Transitioning to an iPad Pro. Got my database restored and went to add a new roast. There is some kind of artifacting on the curves display (see image). Artifacting also there on completed roasts. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks!

yyhcj

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
It appears the problem is tied to the criteria buttons below the console graph. Selecting 1 or more of those buttons has a variable effect and the display issue goes away when switching from the criteria button bar to the direct selection bar (by tapping the magnifying glass). Also, not specific to the iPad Pro as I was able to replicate on an iPad mini.

Thanks!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hello

Those are markers for your cracks. 1st crack markers are green, and 2nd crack markers are purple. They vary in height, according to the rating you've given each roast (0 to 5 stars).

When you change the criteria selector buttons below the graph, the results of the graph (curves and cracks) will change to match.

When you switch to the analyzer (in "Past Roast" targeting mode), it will show those cracks as an "average" along the bottom axis. The main roast console, though, shows them as individual tick marks.

Enjoy the iPad Pro!

Danny

PS If you don't see the "past" curves there you're expecting to see in the graph, tap the magnifying glass button above the number of matched roasts, and you can change the opacity for past roast curves. It will show the current curves full strength, and the most recent past roast curves as semi-transparent, drawing as many as it can based on the transparency setting, as a means to see how the current roast relates to recent roasts.. That usually works out to be 5-7 of most recent roasts.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:33:40 PM by Danny Hall »

yyhcj

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
So not only is it not a problem, it's another feature in Roastmaster I didn't know about... 700+ roasts in! I think I need to reread all the documentation. Thanks Danny!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No problem. :) Don't ever hesitate to ask.