The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Support for igrill2 in the near future?  (Read 3942 times)

DarkSideCoffee

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
These items are sold by weber and are Bluetooth to iOS.
They can utilize up to 4 probes at temps up to 570degrees F
They are also an inexpensive option for us small roasters.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I was browsing grills last week at Lowes, and I saw these sitting on the shelf. I picked one up, and thought–"How many times have I contacted iDevices, asking about SDKs for Roastmaster?" At this point, I’ve lost count. I’ve never received a reply from them over the years. But, in their defense, I’ve never seen them advertise a public SDK, until today.

So, I reached out to them again today. I’ll post back if I hear anything. I’m thinking I will, since they publicly advertise a means for software “partnership” now.

Long story short, yes–I’d love to add support for whichever devices would make sense for home roasters. I’ll let you know.

Danny

DarkSideCoffee

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
That's great.  I think iDevices has horrible customer service.  Now that Weber owns them, I hope it gets better.  I would love to be able to use one device to check both temps and log them also.
Thanks for your work.
Mark

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Weber got back in touch today. Seems they acquired iDevice's grilling/cooking line just at the beginning of this year. She said she will get some information together about public SDKs for Roastmaster. I'd imagine they're still in a bit of a transition, but we'll see what she says.

DarkSideCoffee

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Any luck with weber.  I can't wait to use this ap to its full potential

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Sorry, nothing yet. Her email was more than a courteous response - it sounded like they are genuinely trying to set-up a program for third party developers.

I don't think iDevices was ever interested in that path.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Well, it appears I was wrong. I got the following reply today...

>>Hi Danny,
>>Thank you for your patience regarding this matter! Unfortunately at this time we do not offer an SDK for third party developers.
>>If you have any other questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask!

Sorry - wasn't the answer I was expecting.

Danny