The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

connecting bluetherm duo  (Read 4008 times)

Cees Midden

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
I would like to connect a bluetherm duo as datalogger to our Probat L5. The connector for the bluetherm is however quite close to the roaster.
Could anyone tell me what kind of extension wire I could use? thanks for any thoughts.
Cees

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Cees

Omega.com is a good source for pre-fab thermocouple related hardware, with the caveat that the voltages are very fickle with thermocouples. Sorry, I’m honestly not sure if that would alter the readings or not. I’m inclined to say it’s safe, given that extensions are fairly common. I would, though, advise to try and match the wire gauge as closely as possible, and test the readings before and after.

Also, Granger.com sells the “mini quick connect” plugs–male and female. That’s where I always purchase mine.

One thing I did want to point out, is that the Bluetherm Duo has a threaded “tripod type” hole mount on the back. It might be possible to find a magnetic base, with a threaded bolt that would match the Bluetherm duo, and attach it to a cooler spot on the roaster. Just a thought.

Danny

Cees Midden

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi Danny,
Thanks  a lot for your quick reaction and suggestions. I forgot to add that I am in Europe, the Netherlands.
Would ETI be the place to get that wire?
Cees

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hmmm…Omega and Grainger both ship worldwide, but these parts can be found most anywhere that deals in professional thermocouples. Amazon is even a good place to look. I have a few probes that came from Amazon–they often have a lot of hard-to-find parts.

Cees Midden

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
I received the bluetherm duo and it works like a charm. It makes Roastmaster much more useful.
I like the delta information a lot. However I would love to see this in percentages. Would that be possible?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Glad you're enjoying the Bluetherm!!!!

At the moment, it's only reported in degrees. I'll look at putting a preference setting in, though, to allow for percentages. It would be simple to do.

Cees Midden

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
That would be awesome! I like it because it adjusts delta for the level of the temperature, which means that the same reference delta
can be used  across the temp range.