The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Enlarge and Lock position.  (Read 3639 times)

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hello Danny,

A small function would be nice, while at Analyzer screen,
be able to enlarge temperature curve  reading, and lock position,
so the analyzer screen will follow the temperature curve.
It frees our hand for less swiping, also prob temperature missing.

Thanks!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hmmm...interesting. I like that idea, and am definitely starting down a similar route in the coming update. The HUD is one of those steps, another is key commands that will be available via a Bluetooth keyboard in the analyzer. Those are pretty slick - there are navigation and zoom commands, along with curve selection, and many others. The thinking is to give folks the ability to monitor a roast from a distance greater than arms-length. Maybe it’s a small shop, where the roastmaster is bagging orders on a nearby table while a roast is going, or maybe a larger shop where the iPad sits on a mount above the roaster. Either way, it allows the Analyzer to be useful from greater distances or with less interaction, which ties right in to your point.

I’ll think on that - thanks for the input!

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Best app for coffee roasting!

How about function like Calibrating Roast Profiles Between multi Coffee Roasters?
here is video talking about this issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6eSKL8tlA
I have 4 roasters using RM, still pretty hard to calibrating them.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Finally making my way back to this rather late. But, back in the fall, I was pretty much locked into this development cycle, and the punch list was already set. Now that development on the coming update is complete, I'm stretching my brain out for the next future update.

I've toyed with ideas of a graphical curve editor. Something that would allow you to shape an entire curve at once. Roastmaster already has the ability to expand or condense an entire curve linearly, but nothing with a more advanced transform matrix like this.

If you find you ever want to discuss this further, send me an email and we can set up a call. I'd love to hear your particular use case with four roasters, and what you experience as differences among them.