The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Cost per Kg of Blends  (Read 2570 times)

stockpot

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hello, I have a couple of blends that have been entered into RM, I can see some costs per individual bean but is there an option I am missing to give me the total cost per (KG i'm in the UK)
the cost per 1 kg of an actual blend i.e. 50% Bean A @ £10 per kilo mixed with 50% Bean B @ £6 per kilo will equal £8.00 for Blend No.1 (it's the £8 i'm looking for) I can see average inclusion rate % over the two blends combined
but not individual blends
Im in Reports/Blend Components/Range 'All'/Group by 'Country'/etc etc

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

I’m trying to upload the next update to Apple today, in which you’ll be able to specify a “Cost per weight” metric in a “Blend Log” report, and view that line item information, as well as graph it in the line charts. See attached screenshot. (Whether its kg or lb is determined by your “Weight” setting in Preferences.)

In the mean time, if you pre-blend, you could glean the overall cost per roast information in a “Roast Log” report, choosing “Cost” and “Weight” metrics. That would show the cost of the blends at the weight of your batch size.

If you post blend, though, you could create a dummy roast, and choose the blend, and enter a 1 kg weight. Then, in the roast console, tap the “Green Components” button - the hollow bean icon. Just make sure to set the roasted weight BACK TO ZERO before deleting the roast, so that your inventory remains in sync.

Either way, it will be easier soon.

Hope this helps..
Danny

stockpot

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi Danny,

Thats great news ref the upgrade; I pre-blend as well so thats should be even easier for me to work with.