The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Adjust Inventory (something to show last change, and what it was)?  (Read 3971 times)

stockpot

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Poor memory sometimes gets me: "did I or did I not adjust the stock inventory" for that 3Kg of Beans I have ready in the bucket for roasting
(been overnight stored warm to get to 15c) taken from the freezing storage area.?
I dont seem to be able to see what the last adjustment was, if the software held this last change I personally would find that
really useful, thanks..

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
By default, Roastmaster will create a new bean lot every time you ADD inventory. Unless you “cancel” the new bean lot, or turn the feature off in preferences, you’ll have a record of every time you add inventory. You can see those by tapping the “Bean Lots” cell of the Bean details view.

But your question is about roasting…No, there’s no way to see the individual debit entries that Roastmaster makes to your inventory, simply because it’s designed to be automatic. I’m not against adding something like that - just never saw the need.

Whenever you add a roasted item in the roast console or edit its weight, RM will debit the “weight” amount from the applicable beans’ inventory automatically. If you change that weight later, switch the roasted item to a different item, or delete the roasted item from that roast altogether, then the amount is credited back to the original bean(s), and then debited from the new item if applicable. In short - it tracks the changes as you go.

So, unless I’m misunderstanding your question, you shouldn’t have to keep track of that yourself. If you configured the roast, and it has a bean or blend tagged with a weight, then that would essentially serve as the record - you’d know that it has already been debited from your inventory automatically.

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:46:40 PM by Danny Hall »

stockpot

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi Danny,

You answered the question in the first part, my question rambled on sorry, and was only meant to be about seeing a  record of stock
reductions.
Like  you  say when I add inventory the window appears 'Bean Lot' i suppose you can give it a lot number and there will be a record,
however if i - subtract stock a window doesn't show (as you know), it might be useful to have a window that appears on stock
reduction so that you can record something
e.g. Customers name or simply stock correction. Overall I'm very happy with this APP and stock Control

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I've been letting this mull around in my brain.

Truth is, I've considered doing this before, as a means of resolving a group scenario “race” condition, where multiple users might be decrementing the same inventory in a shop setting if I were to implement iCloud.

I’ve decided against iCloud, simply because it isn’t robust enough for Roastmaster, but that doesn’t mean this type of audit trail wouldn’t be helpful. I’ve added a ticket for future development. I can see the benefit here, and want to play with it. Just a list of transactions, and the ability to reverse them whenever desired.

Thanks for the feedback.

stockpot

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Many thanks for considering, much appreciated!