The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Recording vent/heaters settings during roast  (Read 5514 times)

galpi

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have a Dietrich HR-1 roaster which has 2 vents and heaters I can set to OFF/LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH. I'd like to be able to record the positions of my vents and heaters as I change them during the roast. Is that possible ? I couldn't figure this out ... 

btw, I can't believe how great the app is. Thank you !

Pierre

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Pierre

You record variables like that to curves. In the roast, tap the blue curve button to create a new curve. Set it to "Control" curve. The only downside would be that curves function by a numerical range. You can accomplish what you're after by setting the max value to 100, and then entering 0, 33, 66, 100 throughout the roast to represent off, low, medium and high. Or, come to think of it, maybe setting the max value to 3, and just using 0,1,2,3 to represent those values would be easier. Whatever you choose, it will graph the same, based on the max value you define in the curve.

From there on out, just tap the digital readout on the roast console, with that curve selected, to record a time-stamped entry in the roast.

The update I'm wrapping up at the moment introduces "Curve Templates" to profiles and programs. They're a way to define blank curves that will automatically populate a roast so that you don't have to keep defining them manually over and over again in each roast. I got tired of doing that really quickly in my own roasts. :)

Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad to hear you're liking it! Any more questions just let me know.

Danny

galpi

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile

Ahhh .. I get it. Thanks for the reply Danny.

That works. It would be nice to maybe have labels and have a way to quickly toggle between a set of predefined values instead of typing in a value every time, but I'm not complaining, it's great as it is.

Best,

Pierre

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Funny thing - I thought the same yesterday after I read your post. I've added that to the request list I keep. I want to enable that at some point. Having a way to map string-based choices to custom values, and presenting a short list instead of the alphanumeric keyboard is a much better solution for non-numeric values.