The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

iPad Pro  (Read 5312 times)

biowilly

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm currently using RM on an iPad 9.7" and want to switch to an iPad Pro 12.9"
Will the iPad Pro support RM and if so, how do I transfer the program and my database?
Thanks,
Bill

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I use the Pro 12.9 - Roastmaster shines on the larger screen - full support.

Make sure your old iPad is being backed up by iCloud, and that Roastmaster is selected in Settings > iCloud (both are true by default). If so, then just choose to Set Up or Restore from iCloud Backup when you set up your new Pro. When done, your database will be in place on your new device.

Every once in a while, a restore will go wonky, so I also advise to export you current database and save to iCloud drive in case something goes wrong - just as a precaution. On the home screen, open the drum door and tap Utilities > Export Current Database. Save it to iCloud. If you ever need to restore it, just tap "Import to Roastmaster" from the backup file in the iCloud drive app - Roastmaster will import it, then just "activate" it from the database details screen to use it.

biowilly

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks
Do I have to buy the RM app for the new iPad from the App Store again?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No - both app and in-app purchases are bound to your iTunes ID - not particular devices, so they carry over.

biowilly

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Great!
Thanks
Bill

BlrdFX

• (9 Posts)
  • Roasting for the better cup
    • View Profile
I am getting a new roaster and want to use the Thermadata WiFi Logger and RM.  Is it compatible with that logger?
Hi, my name is Stephen and I am a Coffeeholic...

BlrdFX

• (9 Posts)
    • View Profile
I am getting a new roaster and want to use the Thermadata WiFi Logger and RM.  Is it compatible with that logger?

Or should I be looking at the new ThermaQ Blue since I will be using this in conjunction to a WiFi enabled iPad Pro.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No, Roastmaster doesn't support the WiFi logger. But, I just finished adding support for the ThermaQ Blue. It's an awesome device - direct connect via Bluetooth LE - super long battery life - great range. It would be a great choice!!

BlrdFX

• (9 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks Danny!