The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Share profiles between roasters  (Read 2739 times)

Darren

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to share profiles between roasters in roast master? I recently got a new roaster and would like to have some of the reference curves from my other roaster

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Darren

Sure. Go to the Profile's detail screen by A) Tapping the Profile "i" button inside a roast, or B) Navigating from Roasters > Your Roaster > Profiles > Profile.

From the profile details screen, tap the sharing button in the bottom right of the toolbar, and choose "Roastmaster Exchange". You can AirDrop this directly to another iPad (or use iCloud drive, Dropbox, email and such). On the receiving iPad, accept the incoming AirDrop, and choose a Roaster to assign it to. Finally, choose "Import as Profile" and it will now be on both devices.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Darren

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks Danny,

I did figure out how to copy curve data to an new roast profile. Right now I don't need to send the profile to another device. I watched several of your screen casts and learned more!! I'm gonna really like being able to see current temps on a curve and the event markers/alarms!!
Thanks again :D

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Ahhh sorry - misunderstood. I thought you meant "roasters" as in people. I roast solely by events these days. I used to use control curves, but it's much less "hands off" with events.

Yes, you can copy curves to another profile as you've discovered. That may suit your needs just fine.

But, if your profiles are complex, you can do the same thing I mentioned, but choose "Export to Local Documents Folder" instead. Then, on the home screen, open the drum door and choose Utilities > Import From Documents. That will let you essentially move a copy to a different roaster.