The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

64Bit IOS 11 ??  (Read 3518 times)

forestcall

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hello -

Im just beginning to invest my setup with 3 roasters to Roastmaster app.

If I use the new Ipad 9,7 - 2017 or the latest iPad PRO and they are updated to IOS 11 will the Roastmaster APP work?
Will there be 2 different ports of this app? 1 for older Ipads and 1 for IOS 11 / 64bit versions?

Thanks!!!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Roastmaster has been 64-bit for quite some time now. I don't anticipate any problems, but I have yet to scour the ADC notes and such. I'm aware they've dropped 32 bit support, but to my knowledge existing fat binaries containing both 32 and 64 bit (like Roastmaster) are "business as usual".

I'll know a little more once they give us the Gold Master (GM) release - we're currently still on beta 8, I believe. It's frightening just how unstable even the last couple of beta releases are. So, I hold off for the GM release before beginning big testing. Unfortunately, we don't get the GM build until roughly a week before its publicly released, which makes September a bit hectic. I'll be doing a lot of testing over the coming few weeks.

I usually advise folks to hold off on updating mission-critical devices until I can release a full support statement after the GM is released, but as of yet there are no problems AFAIK.

Danny

forestcall

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks - Very informative. I will refrain from updating any further on the Ipad until you well into release phase.

I would be happy to be a beta tester. One of the lucky 100 allowed devices per app. It is investing in my roasting process.
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/TestingYouriOSApp/TestingYouriOSApp.html

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
You said you use Phidgets, right? You're certainly welcome to beta test. I'm just starting testing on the next update. There's not a lot in the bells and whistles category. But, I'm introducing the new opensource Bluetooth LE protocol, and have revamped Phidgets to support their new Library 22. Actually, "require" is the proper word. This update will only work with Lib 22. I've also added RTD probe support via their new VINT hardware.

There were a lot of problems with their old "WebService" software dropping connection, so they ditched the old and built the new "Network Server" from scratch. I've tested 4 real roasts so far with good results. I'm about to get started with my actual bench testing, and iOS 11 testing.

So, if you've had any connection drops, and are interested let me know I'll put you on the list and contact you when a beta build is ready.