The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Access to Profiles  (Read 3431 times)

tburres

• (16 Posts)
    • View Profile
OK last one -

I would love to be able to get to my profiles list directly without having to select the roaster first.  I never touch my roaster information, but have to mess with the profiles every session as I am updating details.  I only have one roaster, but even if I were running multiple, I would think it easier to go to profiles for the last roaster used and switch roasters from there when I needed to.

Thanks again Danny! 

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Another good idea!

Believe it or not, the code is already built for that aggregated list, sectioned by roaster. I could add an entry on the main app menu called "Profiles", and have them all list in that fashion. Tapping the + button would simply prompt for the target roaster if there are more than one.

I like it!

tburres

• (16 Posts)
    • View Profile
Great - Thanks!

One more question on this area - I have a lot of profiles accumulated over the few years I have been roasting and I probably don’t need to keep them all in the active database - is there a way to archive everything and do a mass cleanup to get to just the profiles I expect to continue using? 

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I hate relying on deletion for organization, so that was kind of my thinking behind the "Manual" sort order, so you could organize more often-used probes first.

But, I admit, it's not a perfect solution. I've already got the code completed for a filter, similar to sort, that lets you view by a time frame. I do plan on enabling that in Beans, Roasts, Blends, Cuppings, and Profiles when I get some time to do the testing. This will let you "hide" older stuff, yet still allow you keep it in the database for future use.