The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Probes are offline???  (Read 2887 times)

cinderblock

• (19 Posts)
    • View Profile
Ever since the last IOS update, I cannot get a temp reading on the K type thermocouples. I've encountered this problem in the past, and somehow it worked after restarting my laptop, and it didn't have problems afterward. But now it's doing it again, and restarting multiple times to both the phone and laptop has not solved the issue.

The original Roastmaster ran smooth. After all the new updates, I keep getting three error messages on startup (Probes are offline), but I just press OK and then press Add Curve to link up the probes. But whatever, I was willing to overlook it since all I really needed was the temp readout.

But now there's just a question mark next to the temperature. I have two K type thermocouples. Both are simultaneously giving me question marks so I don't think it's a problem with the probes. The USB attachment is also functioning; it makes a noise when I plug it into the laptop. Also the Phidget software is live. My laptop is running Windows.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:16:09 PM by cinderblock »

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Sorry - I've been out of the office traveling for a couple of days. Well, "trying" to travel against the Eastern nor-easter would be a better description, but I digress.

What version of the Phidgets drivers are you using? The latest Roastmaster requires their new Lib 22. Let me know what version you're using, and we'll start troubleshooting from there.

Regarding "Probes are offline"...The only reason I can think of why you would get that on startup is that you have a roast somewhere in your library that is still in progress. Roastmaster doesn't attempt to link probes until they are required. So, if there were problems with probes, those alerts would not present until you A) attempted to start a roast that was using them, or B) Roastmaster is automatically connecting because it found a roast in progress.

Do you have any old roasts (maybe test roasts) in progress that are using probes?

cinderblock

• (19 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for the response.

I'm using 2.1 at the moment.

I think I'll hold off on the update. I found my old iPhone 4, which still had the old Roastmaster app (before the update), and it works awesome. Thanks. I will return when the iPhone 4 poops out on me.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
That explains it. Sounds good - any questions when you upgrade, just let me know.