The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Temperature Trigged Alerts  (Read 3681 times)

Reizao

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
I am using RM on my Probatone 5 about 500 roasts.

I wish to have alerts in profile trigged by mass temperature instead of time. Or you can add manually some alerts. For example at 145 Celsius an alert pop up saying end of drying.

Sorry about my poor english.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

You can accomplish this with "Curve Events". In your Bean Mass Curve, just add a new event, and set to "Auto Trigger" at 145 C. Make sure the event is set to trigger "During" the roast. When your probe (or manual temperature entry) hits 145°, the event will fire and alert you according to the style you set in the event (Ding, Alarm, dialog).

If you utilize "Curve Templates" in a roast "Profile", you can define these events once, and they will fire for every roast that uses that profile. Also, if you specify the event for a certain type (like Drying End in this case), that information will be available in reports, so you can see trends about drying duration, end time and percentage time of roasts. Also, you can see it as a live value during a roast in the Roast Analyzer HUD.

There's a screencast on how to do this here... https://rainfroginc.com/documentation/roasting-with-roastmaster-part-4-roast-and-curve-events

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Danny

Reizao

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Very nice feature! Thank you so much!