The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Automatically adding specific curves  (Read 4236 times)

DunlopRoaster

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
I recently bought the Range thermometer from Supermechanical, and am loving the ability to chart roast curves on my FreshRoast SR500, and see the RoR. Thanks for all the work you do!

There is one thing that I can't figure out how to do. I want to create default curves that will be there every time I create a new roast. Is this possible? I want to have a temperature curve bound to my Range probe, as well as 2-3 control curves. It is really annoying to have to create these curves from scratch every time I create a new roast. I'm sure I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Very glad to hear you're enjoying Roastmaster!!

Sure - this is easy to do and is accomplished via "Profiles". Profiles can contain Reference Curves consisting of curves with past data that you want to match in a future roast, alongside Curve Templates, which are templates Roastmaster will use to create new data curves that can log data in future roasts.

It sounds like all you want at the moment is a set of Curve Templates, but you can also incorporate one or more Reference Curves as a visual guide in your profiles.

Once a profile is configured, all you have to do is choose it when starting a roast, and the roast will be automatically configured, both with the Reference curves for targeting, and new Data Curves for data collection.

I walk through the process in the Roasting with Roastmaster Part 2 screencast. Essentially, you just choose "Create Profile from this Roast" to handle the creation automatically. You could optionally create a profile manually and copy and paste specific reference curves from any prior roast if you want to as well.

Let me know if you any other questions.

DunlopRoaster

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Great, thank you for your help!