The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

USB-C connectivity on iPad Pro (Bullet R1)  (Read 5476 times)

Seido_coffee

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
As the iPad Pro is gaining more and more traction, I would love this as my only device. As your robust software allows for so much to be stored in a single place. The Bullet R1 can connect to a MacBook Pro, but it would be great to see your software easily work with the Bullet R1 using a USB-C cable

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Thanks for the kind words. I thought the same about the Bullet, so I reached out to them last year...wanting to get that ball rolling. I've heard nothing back. That would be the first step. Afterwards, I'd need to determine if the USB C is actually a full-blown USB, or is (as per Apple's style) a watered-down USB - that only passes through certain subsets of protocols (camera, keyboard, etc.). I'm unsure at the moment - I've had my head so deep in electronics manufacturing and the next version of Roastmaster since the iPad pro hit, I haven't been able to export that path since last summer. If so, that would be very easy. If not, there would require a hardware box to receive the USB, and translate into Roastmaster's existing RBP protocol. I'm current entering manufacturing on Bluetooth hardware for thermocouples. After that is underway, I will think of designing a similar hardware device that could do the translations (for all types of roasters with USB) if Apple's USB implementation is NOT as open as I would like. After this hardware, I will be back to tie up a lot of loose strings...one of those will be trying again with the Bullet people to see if they are interested (or manning their web forms better) at that point. :)

Seido_coffee

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
That would be a game changer for me, as I like the functionality of the Bullet and like your software so much better than the RoastWatch they use. If you know of any other workaround to use your app with the Bullet I am all ears!

To note: the fact that you are so gracious at responding to these inquiries only makes us: the users, want to continue using your products well into the future. Its with this I will always put my money into your company going forward!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Thank you - I appreciate that!! Lots of cool stuff coming in the next version...and more planned after that!!  :)