The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Gas  (Read 5522 times)

GA_Steve

• (9 Posts)
    • View Profile
I would like to be able to input gas tank changes, have it track how many roasts and how many pounds have been roasted with that tank of gas.  Also have a field where the number of pounds of of propane were in the tank with a calculated RPT. ( Roasts Per Tank)

Too much?

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I'm so sorry for the delay in responding. I was on vacation last week as the next Roastmaster update was in review with Apple. It's live as of about 15 minutes ago. :) And the week before, well... that was an insane week getting the code prepped. Most updates are a lot easier than this one was, but due to the nature of data-logging, and a few of the features, virtually every area of the app changed. But... I am so excited about what this one is bringing.

Thanks for the suggestion. No I don't think it's too much. Two other users asked about having a maintenance log - beyond the current basic cleaning count - something more definable. I think this might work hand-in-hand with that.

I've added this to that backlog ticket. I try to work on things in order based on popularity, but I keep track of every request.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Danny

Dave@fretboardcoffee.com

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
I love this idea. Please add me as someone interested in tracking gas usage and 'roasts per tank'

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Thanks for the feedback Dave

Baldys

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
I use the Roatmaster in a commercial environment and its great. It would help a great deal however to have a maintenance log included. This way I have everything in one place. Thanks and Cheers!!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Baldys - thanks for the kind words. I've added this to the tentative backlog for the next update - a number of folks have asked for this. The current update I'm working on is small - adding J Type thermocouple support and a couple of minor things. In the next one though I'd like to tackle reporting features (the most popular request). If it works out, I'd like to also address this one too. I can see where it would be very beneficial.

Thanks for the input!