The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Can't set up temperature curve  (Read 3919 times)

Jisgren

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Trying to set up a target temperature curve for a proflile.  When I try to add a node it is asking for "level" even though it is set up as a reading curve -- won't let me use a number higher than 99.

Also I would love to be able to set up stand types of curves.  Meaning if I am creating a new profile I can choose "bean temp" from a drop down that will then set it up as reading with green line, "air flow" that is a control curve, 4 levels and blue, etc.  unless I am missing something I have to completely redefine these curves everytime.

Jisgren

• (5 Posts)
    • View Profile
Found the problem!  Even though it is set as a reading curve, it is being held to whatever the max level is set at.  If I change the curve to "control" the set the max level to 500, and then change the curve type back to "reading" then it works

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
The "Curve Templates" section of a Profile or Program is how you accomplish that. Just define empty curves in the Curve Templates section configured the way you want, and whenever you use that Profile or Program in a roast, those curves will be duplicated into the roast itself as new curves ready for recording data - configured exactly the way you have them in the Profile or Program, including name, color, type, etc... even probe binding if you're using Data Logging. It's a big timesaver.

So, place your target curves that you want to match into the regular "Curves" section, and your blank templates into "Curve Templates" - the templates will be spawned in each roast. The update I'm working on now will introduce "Targeting Mode" for the roast analyzer and make this distinction more apparent. Target mode will enable you to toggle between targeting Profile/Program Curves, Past Roast Curves, All and None. Switching modes will hide extraneous curves, and show the target curves in dotted lines in contrast with the actual roast curves, shown in solid lines. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'll look into the issue you mentioned. That should not occur - reading curves should not bother with the max level - that's only for control curves. I always copy curves from a roast, and paste them into profiles or programs, so if there's a bug there, I missed it somewhere along the line in testing. If so, I'll fix it for the next update.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:42:54 PM by Danny Hall »