The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Roast timer alerts (per minute)?  (Read 4189 times)

cff

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Any chance this could be added?

I find that I occasionally miss the minute mark for entering in temps and it would be very useful to hear a beep / alert of some sort on the minute, every 30 sec, etc.. for reminding me to enter them in.

Thanks!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hmmm - can honestly say I've never though of that before, but can see where it would be very useful.

So - it's done - look for it in the coming update.

The only caveat is that it functions in the analyzer - see the screenshot. There a new HUD display there designed for this and similar purposes. Plus, since folks can run multiple roasts in tandem, I think it would be too much to have the alarms function at the application level, when you might be trying to do other things. So, while you're in the analyzer, it will fire off a "ding" with the HUD alert displaying for a couple of seconds at an interval you choose in the preferences - 15, 30 60 or none (defaulted to none). The HUD will keep alerts from piling up on top of one-another, in case you're away from the roast, plus not interfere with touches if you're doing something else when it alerts.

Note the new dedicated node entry popover - LOTS easier to use.

Hope you like it, and thanks for the idea!

cff

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Wow, I really appreciate the update, especially how quickly you worked on this! This will be useful for me when I'm trying to manage a few things at the same time, or when I'm concentrating on the roast to the point where I miss the marks. I get easily distracted..

Does this popover function the same way in the iPhone version also?

Thanks again!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No problem - I liked the idea, and knew based on how things function it would only take a few minutes to implement.

Yes, it works on iPhone - just in a modal view that popops up instead of the iPad popover. I wanted it to work the same way on iPhone - and be easy to use in landscape or portrait mode since the analyzer is often in landscape mode when its invoked.

I use the data logging option with probes when I roast, so I don't get to use the keypad often, but I've had a great deal of fun testing it.

Thanks again for the feedback.