The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Timestamp  (Read 5834 times)

Andy

• (26 Posts)
    • View Profile
I just used version 7 for the 1st time. I am entering temps manually, but the nodes are timestamped 20 seconds or so behind  the timer. For example, I enter a time stamp for 300 degrees F, at 4:10 by the timer, but it records the node at 3:50. Another example: I ended my most recent roast at 12:17 at 440F, but the curve shows the last node as 440F at 11:58. Is there something I am doing wrong? This never happened with the previous version, but the method of entering temps is slightly different, so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.

Andy

• (26 Posts)
    • View Profile
Now I see that what seems to be happening is that the time is recorded when I open the time stamp keypad window rather than when I touch the "create node" button. Is that how it is meant to be? It does not seem intuitive to me.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Andy

Yes, starting in v7 the node is time-stamped at the moment you invoke that window. My original thinking was in line with yours, but I was eventually won over by the arguments of multiple users who felt the old way was counter-intuitive. Their logic was that you mentally take note of the temp when you tap to record it. By the time you've entered the numbers the temp could have changed a degree or two, and that was the best way to ensure accuracy. Testing the new way, I saw the benefit.

I can alway put in a pref to enable to old behavior. Are you still finding it cumbersome?

Danny

Andy

• (26 Posts)
    • View Profile
Thanks for your explanation, Danny. I can adjust, now that I know what is happening. I was in the habit of setting the temp ahead of time and entering it at the precise moment. I would prefer the old way, but I hope to get set up for data logging in the medium-near future, anyway, so I will work with it as-is.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Cool - any questions with that just let me know.