The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Using Behmor 1600 Curves  (Read 15951 times)

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
One more thought - I'm assuming you're wanting to represent preheat and roast data in a single curve. That, unfortunately, is not possible, and given the time-shifting algorithms of the Behmor, not likely to exist in a future update.

However, you could easily represent preheat times in a second curve in the roast, have that data visible in the graph, still have the inherent automatic functionality of the Behmor curves (including time-shifting), and retain a very easy workflow. In this scenario, the "Curves" selector button below the graph would work to your advantage, since it considers each curve of a roast separately. With that button selected, you'd only be showing roasts that are identical to the current roast, taking into account the preheat time as well.

For each of your Behmor profiles, add a new curve template - set to control curve. Set the max value to 100, a color that is appropriate and name it "Preheat". From then on, when you apply that profile to a roast, that curve would be created in the roast independent of any other Behmor curves that are later created. You'd only need to add two nodes to it - the first at 00:00 with a level of 100, and the second at your preheat duration with a level of 0.0.

This way, you'd have the advantage of being able to see both as data in the graph, and you could completely ditch the custom roaster settings we discussed earlier.

Let me know if you think this would work for you.

fuzzymarmalade

• (6 Posts)
    • View Profile
I had tried applying 2 curves (pre and main behmor curves) but they dont reflect  consecutive time - they're represented concurrently.

Am I doing that incorrectly? I can time shift for the behmor roast prior to beginning but doesnt allow me to alter the control values and I'm unsure I could even extend the roast only in the beginning node.

thanks for your thoughts.

Steve

fuzzymarmalade

• (6 Posts)
    • View Profile
I will try the template method and see how that goes...