The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Sonofresco ADR  (Read 5178 times)

redrovercoffee

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
The folks at Sonofresco have just released a new Bluetooth roast controller for their machines, allowing you to create profiles and upload them to the machine. It's the biggest step forward for them since their inception (IMHO) and finally gives roasters the flexibility they need.

Now...is there any way to incorporate this into Roastmaster?

Here's a link for more info: http://www.sonofresco.com/advanced-definition-roasting/

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Wow - thanks for sharing this! This is really exciting stuff!

I guess it would all depend on if they plan to create an SDK for iOS. I'll go back and read this in detail and see what I can glean from it. I've talked to a number of roaster manufacturers abut the possibility of having Roastmaster directly control a machine - this would be a great first step to that.

I'll contact them after the holidays and see what they can tell me.

Lighthauscoffee

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Sorry to revive... But.. I'm a new Roastmaster user and I have the SonoADR.  it bluetooth over to my mac so I can watch the roast.  I was wondering if you ever got an answer from them..

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No, but I'm going to reach back out to them.

The coming version of Roastmaster (due in November) is completely retooled, and will feature an open source protocol for Ethernet communication. This will allow a lot things to be done with lots of different hardware (DIY and other types).

I'm interested in 1) letting manufacturers know this exists, and 2) keeping up with new crops of smarter roasters.

I'll post back here if they bite this time. :)