The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Some wish lists  (Read 5530 times)

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
Dear Danny Hall

As I mentioned last time,I do like this App and rely on it more and more ;D

I got surprised & handful function everytime after App is updated .

After I roasted about 400 times by this App,I have some thoughts to suggest for your reference

it would be great if these can be true in the future's update

1:Cupping chart:I know you already have the plan for it,if there a level column about the sour,bitter,sweetness

(like SOE  chart),sometime these  flavors taste great(high score) but we need to know the strength also .

2:Past roast comparing:When we choose a past roast to compare the processing roast,all the curve's color  in

the past roast that can be changed or to be a little dark automatically,this will be very helpful to see and

compare all curves clearly in the full screen mode when targeting all curves or past curves,

The app now use dot,solid line to show,it will be difficult to see if these curves have overlay area.

3:Input value in full screen mode:When we trace a past curve in full screen,we need to adjust the level of

fire,fan etc,it is more effiency if we can input the value into curve directly in this screen, and don't need to 

back to console view to input.

4:International keyboard support in search column:sometimes,I need to search by none english charactor,

it would be great if this can be true.

Maybe you will have many technical issues about above request,but I also want to thank you in advance no matter these can be done or not. :D

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
I just thought up another one, :)

5:The sequence of curves:move up or down from specific curve,this just good for manage the program.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Anderson

Thanks for the suggestions and the kind words. That's great to hear!

1. Excellent idea!! Yes, I definitely want to beef up the cupping parts of Roastmaster. I'm relying more and more on cupping, and find that I personally want a lot of features in that as well.

2. Actually, I added this feature the last update. For the analyzer, you can set the opacity of the current curves and the target curves independently. It works by target mode, so if you're targeting past roasts, just make sure you are in past roast targeting mode, and the opacities you set will be applied. Have a look when you can and let me know what you think, and if this helps you. (In the Roast Analyzer section of preferences)

3. You can input values just like the roast console. Just select the current curve, and tap the digital readout at the top left. You'll get the same entry input that you get in the roast console. You should be able to roast entirely in the analyzer without ever leaving.

4. I've never even thought about that - that's interesting. Can you give me an example - in other words which characters or languages? I'm not entirely sure how that would work in iOS if characters are not part off current language, but I could look into into it and find out.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:33:49 AM by Danny Hall »

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
5. Do you mean in the full screen analyzer to make it easier to select individual curves? If so, it might be helpful for you to two-finger tap in the analyzer - a list of the curves will pop up that you can select from. Since that view is also zoomable with two fingers, the two finger tap is a little touchy - if your fingers move at all while you tap it won't register. I am going to rework that in the next major update to be a little more responsive.

Or... do you mean in the roast list, so they can stay in a certain order?

Please advise.

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
Dear Danny Hall

2. Actually, I added this feature the last update. For the analyzer, you can set the opacity of the current curves and the target curves independently. It works by target mode, so if you're targeting past roasts, just make sure you are in past roast targeting mode, and the opacities you set will be applied. Have a look when you can and let me know what you think, and if this helps you. (In the Roast Analyzer section of preferences)

I know this feature from last update,i mean it will be see more clearly about the number of reading get  opacity applied also,

for example:current temparature curve>>>color: solid red curve ,the number of reading shown:200 degree with solid red color

past temparature curve>>>color:50% optacity red curve ,the number of reading shown:200 degree still with solid red color

3. You can input values just like the roast console. Just select the current curve, and tap the digital readout at the top left. You'll get the same entry input that you get in the roast console. You should be able to roast entirely in the analyzer without ever leaving.

Thank you! I already find it.

4. I've never even thought about that - that's interesting. Can you give me an example - in other words which characters or languages? I'm not entirely sure how that would work in iOS if characters are not part off current language, but I could look into into it and find out.

Language like Japanese or Chinese

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
5. Do you mean in the full screen analyzer to make it easier to select individual curves? If so, it might be helpful for you to two-finger tap in the analyzer - a list of the curves will pop up that you can select from. Since that view is also zoomable with two fingers, the two finger tap is a little touchy - if your fingers move at all while you tap it won't register. I am going to rework that in the next major update to be a little more responsive.

Or... do you mean in the roast list, so they can stay in a certain order?

Please advise.

I know 2 finger to choose curve in full screen  due to last update,this is great great feature!!

Yes, I mean  the order of all curves  in the curve templates or master program curves,

Ex:temperature                                               Fire
     Fan                      change to  >>>>            temperature 
     Fire                                                           Fan 

Thank you for the reply.

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
Dear Danny Hall

For understanding clearly,I attached 2 photos,please check it

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Thanks for the clarification.

I've added request tickets to my development database.

Curve order in profiles/programs: I can definitely see the advantage of this, and it's something I'd like to have myself.

Keyboard for Chinese and Japanese: When you input values, do you switch keyboards in iOS when you need to use Chinese or Japanese characters? I'll look into this to see if it's possible to toggle keyboard input on the fly. Truthfully, I don't know whether or not this is possible yet.

Curve color. Oh - you're talking about the label color, right? So that all curve labels would display with a solid background of the curve color, and white type - in the same way the selected curve displays? I tried several methods when I was programming that feature, including the way you mention. It ended up being distracting because the solid label blocked out the curve behind it, making it hard to tell the recent history of that curve. I ended up using the transparent black color to mute the curve behind it, but still allow you to tell what the recent history looked like. Perhaps I could put a preference setting in so that users could decide between the two.

Thanks again for the feedback!