The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Manual Logging Not in Sync  (Read 3459 times)

bgdavid

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi

Have done over 3000 roasts between us using your software so know it well - I just sent an email about this but wanted to post on the forum just in case there is something I am missing but I think its a bug in the new version.  When logging temperatures on a temp curve manually, the time of the node registered is always the time you tap to bring up the numeric keypad and NOT the time you tap enter the temp - which is what it should be.  ie if you tap on temperature curve then bring up the numeric keypad and wait for 20 seconds before you actually hit enter to register the tempertaure it will register that temperature 20 seconds before you tap enter on the graph.

I hope this is clear and if it is a bug - it would be great to get it fixed asap.

Thanks

David Clarke

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Sorry - I think I forgot to include documentation for that change in the iOS 7 update change list.

Actually, it was by design. I had a number of users say the old way was counter-intuitive to them. They wanted the timestamp to occur when they invoked the entry window. They cited some pretty good examples, I did a little testing, and gave in - swapping the behavior in the iOS 7 update. The thinking is that when you invoke the window, you’re reading a temperature that is likely to change a number of degrees by the time you get it typed in, so I saw the advantage. Since then, I’ve had some feedback that my original method fit some people’s workflows better.

I think what I may do today is pop a preference setting in to choose which mode you use. Programmatically, it’s a very easy thing to do and won’t take long to do on my end. I'm uploading a maintenance release either today or tomorrow to fix a Bluetherm Duo data logging issue. I plan to include this fix on that update, so it should be live soon.

Thanks for posting
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:02:15 PM by Danny Hall »