The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

gene cafe after cool down or before cool down  (Read 4943 times)

m1ekster

• (4 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hello!

this question is for gene cafe users who let the beans go through the cool down cycle and don't use the e-stop.

Do you guys stop the timer on the app once you hit stop and let it start cooling down? Or do you keep the timer going until the cool down cycle is finished?

if someone has a good solution of has been logging many roasts with the gene cafe can help me out with this that would be great!

I have about 10 roasts so far and still am not sure how long to let the timer go for because of the cool down cycle.

Thank you!

M

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Yes - stop the timer when the cool down cycle starts.

The logic is that cool-downs are always the same - as fast as possible. So, as far as Roastmaster is concerned, the roast officially "stops" when the cool down cycle begins on roasters like the Genie Cafe, or when the beans are dumped into the cooling tray for roasters with external cooling.

The app will still let you record crack times for a short period after hitting stop, so they can extend past the official "duration" you see in the graphs, but the app doesn't consider cool-down as part of the roast.

Hope this helps - any other questions, just let me know.

Danny

m1ekster

• (4 Posts)
    • View Profile
Makes sense, i think just needed someone else to confirm to make myself feel better, haha. Anyway, appreciate the reply!