The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

sound timer  (Read 3846 times)

m1ekster

• (4 Posts)
    • View Profile
I was thinking it would be nice to have a sound notifier during the roast to remind you to log temperature on a curve. Maybe you can adjust the frequency of the timer to notify you every 30 seconds, 1 minute, or etc.

When i was roasting last night, i was trying to read a book while roasting but i constantly had to check the timer to see when the next minute will hit to log the temp. if a beep or ding sounded every minute (or adjustable interval you would set) i could read or do something else and just hear for the next beep/ding/sound. obviously the purpose is to not completely walk away from the roast, but not keep my eye on it the entire process.

let me know what you think!

m1ekster

• (4 Posts)
    • View Profile
ah forgive me, i just saw that someone posted the same idea, disregard!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

You can set this to happen with the "Node entry reminder" pref in preferences. When that is enabled, and you're in the roast analyzer, you'll get a "ding" sound and reminder at the specified interval based on the start of the roast. e.g. if it's set at 30 seconds, you'll get reminders at 00:30, 01:00, 1:30, 2:00 etc.

These alerts function a little differently than alarms. Alarms will fire regardless of where you are in Roastmaster, even if it's not currently active. Node alerts, though, only happen when you're viewing the roast in the roast analyzer.