The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Roastmaster on the iPod  (Read 6285 times)

tallman

• (1 Posts)
    • View Profile
The app store shows Roastmaster for iPad and iPhone. Has it been tested on the iPod touch?
Thanks for the info.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I sent you an email - let me know if you didn't receive.

For posterity's sake... iOS is identical on iPhone and iPod touch. Most of my testing is done on an iPhone 4 and iPads, and in all past releases on an iPod touch as well - as the very last stop double-check before I upload a binary to the store. I didn't discover until the 14th when I was uploading the latest binary, that Apple in its infinite wisdom, had deemed my 20 month old iPod touch unworthy of iOS 5, so this update I couldn't test with it, but there should be no problems. The code makes no distinction between iPhones and iPods. iPad is the only special case.

Atalanta

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hmmm,  my BF uses my iOS4 touch for testing for his apps.

Anyway, my question, is your program iOS backward compatible? I'd like to know if running on my touch will be problematic. I haven't tried to download it yet, which will give me the first idea if it will work.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Atalanta

Roastmaster will run on iOS 4.3 or later. My iPod was actually capped at 4.2, not 5, so couldn't be used this round for testing. I talked to tallman privately after he installed and there were no problems.

My MO is holding off on upgrading my test devices to a major release until I'm feature-finished, so testing occurs on the lowest common denominator, which is what I did with this release. Testing went fine on 4.3 - you should have no problems as long as you're 4.3 or later.

Danny

Atalanta

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Bummer. Mine's capped at 4.2, it's a faux version 3 touch. I'm waiting for the next one to upgrade, I'll need to I'm a filemaker developer and will soon need go 12 for work. Thanks.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
I keep all of my Roastmaster backlog, testing data, user wish list and stuff like that in Filemaker. I just upgraded to 12 yesterday. I love the new template themes!