The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Handle 2 bluetherm duo in 1 Ipad issue?  (Read 4721 times)

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
Dear Danny Hall

I got more questions for you again !  :)

1:Since the App with Bluetherm is too handy for using! :D , I got another roaster and Bluetherm and want to roast 2 machines and record the data at 1 IPAD together,but when I try to set the probles of 2nd Bluetherm in Ipad,it will show the conflict of existing probes and not able to set.

I'm just wondering that is it possible to work like this or not?

2:For now,I'm using 2 Ipads to record the data seperately,but the managing of past curves and inventory will be problem,it seems no function to merge the 2 databse into  1 after I checked.

3:Is is possible to use Icloud to sync the data in real time simultaneously in the future?

Thank you for the answer in advance!

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
I got another 2 request

1:Managing the sequence of the roast or roasted list,because when plan to roast many items,I will follow the sequence of list,but  if you want to insert some items before specific item,the sequence will be mess and difficult to see.

2:More filter in searching column:EX:searching a roasted bean under a specific roaster,for now, it seems no function to  do this?

Thank you!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Anderson

Sorry, no - the Bluetherm's SDK will only acknowledge 1 Bluetherm Duo unit at a time. Unfortunately, I cannot get around this in Roastmaster. If you really want to log more than two curves per roast, I'd suggest going with Phidgets. Phidgets can access any number of temperature sensor ports - even from separate Temperature Sensors. There's a 4 port model available, and you can use multiple Temperature Sensors on one iPad. That would allow you as many ports as you need.

iCloud only give provisions for 1 database at a time, so that type of scenario wouldn't really be possible with iCloud. In general, though - Yes, I do want to include iCloud support for Roastmaster, but as of yet, it just hasn't become robust enough to support a database of Roastmaster's complexity. I'm anxious to have that feature as well, so I'm keeping an ear out whenever I hear of improvements to iCloud.

Thanks for the input regarding searching and list ordering. I've added those to my backlog wish list. I can see the benefit they would provide.

Danny

Anderson

• (12 Posts)
    • View Profile
Dear Danny Hall

Thank you for your reply!

1:I think that I will record it seperately for now untill you have further solution^^
and is there any manual way to import/export roasted curve to another database each other,then,The App can manage the inventory correctly and to be easier to check roasted curve on anyone of these 2 Ipad?

About the layout of full screen mode on Ipad,I have a suggestion for your reference,

there is blank space at the corner of up-right,is it possible to put some customize icons like temperature,fan speed,voltage,fire power, etc...due to these are input&switch very often,it can be  go-to directly&quickly if have icon in there,
by now,we need to 2 fingers to invoke the curve list then choose curve then input and repeat again,it feels stressed if you need to input many curves in short time.

I know there are more layout's problem on IPAD mini and Iphone for the request,so,it maybe can be IPAD option.

I might ask too much and thank you anyway no matter these requests can be done or not.!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi Anderson

You can export curves by tapping the action button in a curve details view and choosing export. You can send them to Dropbox or email them, and import on another device. Unfortunately, though, they are designed to be imported into a profile or a program. What you might want to do, is to create a profile called "Transfer" or something similar, then import them into that profile, then copy and paste them into the roast. It's an extra step, but it will at least give the desired outcome.

About the analyzer. Yes, you are correct - there's no space on iPhone. Plus I've seen lots of users who make really long curve names, so the space gets eaten up fast. I'll give it some though and see what might work. You're not the first to mention it, but lots of users have been pretty vocal about not liking clutter, so I try to keep things as open as possible. I've thought about making the label markers "draggable", so you could enter values by sliding those up or down, eliminating the need to select any curve at all - just drag the one you want.

In the mean time, instead of using the list, you can tap directly on the interior area of a curve to select it. Roastmaster will select the curve with the lowest level at the point you tap. If two curves occupy the same space, you can just tap twice without moving your finger to select "through" each one. The only variation is in the very beginning of a roast, when curves don't have enough screen area to tap yet, those get selected first. But the same general rule applies - just tap again in the same spot to select the next curve.

Hope this help, and thanks for the input!!