The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Temperature delta curve  (Read 3552 times)

Coffeeric

• (3 Posts)
    • View Profile
Hi, does anyone know whether I can add a curve for temperature delta?

Thanks!

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Hi

Are you talking about a rate of rise curve?

Sorry, at the moment that feature is only in the planning stages. I've had a number of conversations with folks about implementing ROR curves. The one thing I'm interested in knowing from users is how they would want to use a feature like that implemented.

In my mind, actual data is paramount. ROR data would be secondary. I could implement a mode where you could toggle between the two, but I think that most users would rather see both in tandem. Given that many RM uses like to track several curves per roast - both control and reading, I worry about the analyzer becoming a mess of data that's indecipherable, so I'd like to keep it as clean as possible.

The scenario that I keep coming back to in my mind is piggy-backing off the "Control Curve Plot Height" preference setting. That allows you to set the analyzer to graph control curves at partial height, while reading curves remain full screen. Perhaps ROR curves could be drawn in the same fashion, overlaid in the control curves area, with the option of having them locked to the lower part of the screen - keeping the top area free for actual data.

Any thoughts you have on how you'd like to see something like this implemented would certainly be welcome. Particularly whether or not you'd like to see this data in parallel with the actual temperature data or a completely separate mode.