Version 3.0 Is on its Way.
Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year!
I hope you were able to enjoy your holidays as I did – spending lots of time with family and friends. I love this time of year, and the way in which it draws everyone together. I hope you had a wonderful season of festivities, and drank (as I did) more than your fair share of coffee!
1/15/12 – This post was originally a request for a number of sample user databases to test with. A million thanks to everyone who reached out and sent me databases! I keep a running archive of all of my personal and development databases, but it gave me a great peace of mind to have other folks’ real-world data to test with. All of my testing went well, and the update was submitted to Apple yesterday afternoon.
So, what’s coming?
Here’s a fairly complete, even if curt, laundry list of the new features and improvements:
- Label Printing and/or PDF generation for Roasts, Blends, Cuppings and Beans
- Data exchange (import and export) for Roasters, Profiles, Programs, Curves, Databases and Label Definition Files
- Dropbox and Email Support for data exchange
- All internal weight and volume calculations use the extremely precise decimal number format instead of float numbers
- Database stores all weight and volumes as precise decimal numbers instead of the sometimes rounded float numbers
- Behmor Curves
- Custom roaster settings
- Enhanced Profile and Program snapshots
- Profile and Program snapshots navigation screens
- Reusability of Profile and Program snapshots
- Blend Snapshots
- Blend by weight
- Increased max curve temps from 999 to 10,000
- Price per unit for beans
- First and Second crack end times
- iOS 5 compatibility and bug fixes
- Customizable label definitions
- More detailed reporting of curve deltas in the full screen graph
- Facebook bug fix
Roasting console interface enhancements
- Dedicated curve button
- Dock-able graph selector for a larger graph view
- Graph rescale buttons
- Kg option in weight choosers
- Wiper alarm marker in roasting graph
- More intuitive measurement input in inventory and item choosers
- Swipe to select curves
I am very excited about this update, and anxious to get it into your hands. Once it’s live, I want to shift gears and create a little forum section on the site where I can post downloadable files for beginners, and where users can share and exchange their own data. There are a number of great coffee forums on the web. I don’t want to recreate the wheel – just give everyone a place to exchange and discuss their Roastmaster profile and program data.
Also, I’ll be starting work on some tutorial videos. Admittedly, using some of the more advanced features of Roastmaster carry with them a learning curve. I’d like to create a series of videos to explain these features, as well a couple geared towards getting started for new users.