The FrogPad

A forum to get help or talk about Roastmaster…or anything else coffee.

Curve loses its temp probe between roasts  (Read 4528 times)

refugioroco

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
When I start a new roast I copy the previous roast and edit the details of the new if necessary. I have two temp probes but recently the newly copied roast loses one of the probes. Same probe every time. I have to go into the curve and re-select the probe. It used to work just fine but started doing this when I copied my database from my iPad to my phone. How do I get the curves within the roast to remember the probes?

Thanks

Jon

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
Sounds like you're missing the binding field in the corresponding curve template of the profile you're using. Have a look at the profile the roast is using to make sure all curve templates have their binding set.

For a number of reasons, the copy function for roasts gives precedence to a profile-based workflow - it does not actually look at the data curves of the source roast. So, when you copy a roast, the copy grabs the profile from the source roast, and populates its Data Curves from the templates it finds there. One of those is probably missing its binding - or, it has outdated binding information.

refugioroco

• (2 Posts)
    • View Profile
Awesome! That was it. Thank you for taking the time to reply. And thank you for making a great app.

Danny Hall

• (383 Posts)
    • View Profile
    • Rainfrog
No problem - thanks for the kind words!

forestcall

• (7 Posts)
    • View Profile
Seems like many users want the ET/BT probes connected after COPYING a previous roast.

Danny gave a wonderful answer here --- Solved the problem :-)
https://rainfroginc.com/frogpad/index.php?topic=223.0

Sounds like you're missing the binding field in the corresponding curve template of the profile you're using. Have a look at the profile the roast is using to make sure all curve templates have their binding set.

For a number of reasons, the copy function for roasts gives precedence to a profile-based workflow - it does not actually look at the data curves of the source roast. So, when you copy a roast, the copy grabs the profile from the source roast, and populates its Data Curves from the templates it finds there. One of those is probably missing its binding - or, it has outdated binding information.