Roastmaster for iOS 11 is Here
Roastmaster 11 is available for download from the iTunes App Store.
A much different feature set was planned for this update, but the introduction of the Phidgets Lib22 software caused a focus shift toward the probe side of the software. Let’s face it…those of us who rely on Phidgets for our roasting have been struggling to some degree for the last few years with an increasingly buggy Phidgets Webservice. Disconnect have plagued us all–some a little, others a lot. Until now, there was no recourse from our end.
Good news…the Webservice is gone! It’s been replaced by a brand new “Network Server”, which Phidgets claims was rewritten from the ground up to fix the bugs that had been introduced in years of Lib21 updates. I cannot predict how it will behave in the many different environments that will battle test it, but I will say that the past 4 weeks of testing were extremely promising–not a single disconnect was experienced in our countless test roasts. If you’re a Phidgets user, please keep us posted on your success with the new Lib22 compared to the old Lib21.
Unfortunately, Lib22 is not backward compatible with the old Lib 21, so you’ll need to update your probe host to Lib22 before roasting. Otherwise, Roastmaster will not be able to connect to your probes. More information is available here.
We hope you enjoy the new version of Roastmaster. Please, let us know how you like the new features as you roast, or if you have any questions about using Roastmaster.
- Native iOS 11 support
- Split view toggle button hides or shows the app menu, optimizing screen real estate on iPad
- Phidgets Library 22 support, with improved wireless reliability
- Phidgets VINT hub and thermocouple support
- Phidgets VINT RTD probe support
- Phidgets type E and T thermocouple support
- RBP Bluetooth Protocol for direct connection to DIY Bluetooth LE hardware
- Direct connection to Santoker roasters via Bluetooth LE
- Re-designed probe architecture for faster temps and less memory usage
- Graphical probe chooser and diagrams for easier probe setup
- Use multiple ThermaQ Blue peripherals at the same time
- Enter-and-advance button in decimal keyboard for faster data entry
- Knowledgebase and website links now open in Safari for full-fledge web browsing
- Smoother navigation
- Various memory and speed improvements
- Fixed an issue where table view cells would disappear during editing
- Fixed an issue where some averages did not display in reports
- Fixed an issue where screen size and Q score from the current lot weren’t displayed correctly in a roasted item details screen
- Fixed a crash when importing a Roastmaster Exchange roaster that was exported with 10.1
- Fixed an iOS issue where Copy to Dropbox did not work